7 Ways to Decorate a Bedroom That Isn't Yours
If you're a renter, it can be difficult to know how to decorate your space. The walls are usually white or cream, and the furniture is likely from Ikea. There's not much character in a rental apartment or house! But if you know what to do, you can make it feel like home! Here are 10 easy ways to spruce up your room:
- Paint the walls bright colors or add wallpaper for some personality.
- Add plants and flowers for color and life.
- Put up pictures of friends and family on the wall to remind you who lives here with you now.
- Hang curtains at windows so there's an extra layer of privacy when needed but still plenty of light coming in during
- Get some wall decals or peel and stick wallpaper that you can remove when you go. The Whimsical Mind has some you can buy here.
- Add some decor to the walls, like photos, a wall macrame or some wall hooks.
- Update your bedding. Bedding can make a huge difference with not a lot of extra work. Add some throw pillows and a cozy blanket on the end.
Make your rental feel like home. Decorate to make it more personal and cozy by using these tips! Be sure to check out some of our wall decals and home decor for some ideas on decorating your space!